Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Crossfit Day 1

My husband has been Crossfitting for a while, so I decided to give it a try. It's quick and I've already learned a lot of the basics from the Boot Camp he runs. I found a two week program for beginners that doesn't require any equipment. I figured that was smart, since I should probably ease into the weights. I have mostly recovered, but I'm a little nervous about lifting heavy weights. My abdomen still gets sore.

The whole idea behind Crossfit is to do short, but intense, work outs that constantly challenge you. You have to change up the work outs and are always doing different stuff.

Today's work out was:

3 sets of (for time):

10 burpees
20 squats
30 sit ups*

*I can't do full sit ups yet (abs are not strong enough post c-section), so I did crunches.

I did it in 7 minutes, which I figure is not too bad a start. I did hold an 8 pound medicine ball for the squats, but that was all the weight I used. I forgot how much burpees will kick your ass! My quads are already sore, and even typing I can feel it in my forearms. Overall, a good start I think!

Dinner tonight: Haddock over a salad with Light Balsamic and Basil dressing. Mmmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment