Thursday, September 3, 2009

New School Year

Today, I started a new school year. I have been contemplating lately how on Earth I am going to teach U.S. Government objectively. I have become so overwhelmingly anti this current trend the government is in that I am going to find it really difficult not to come out and tell the students that I think we currently have the worst President since Jimmy Carter (and maybe even before that. Hoover, anybody? Or how does Ulysses S. Grant sound?) And then, when I think about it, I start to realize that I don't really have to mask it. Liberals have long used public schools to indoctrinate the nation's children. Just look at Barry's latest plan: Address (brainwash) the school children directly, and provide lesson plans so that teachers ask their students to come up with ways to help the President (I don't even know what to say about this except that I am ABSOLUTELY not doing it under any circumstances. I'd rather get fired). The public education system is a bastion for those who are ultra liberal - probably mostly because their audience (children) either doesn't know enough yet to argue, or because the kids don't feel comfortable doing it. If it's ok for Liberals, it's ok for me. The difference is, I will explain to my students the difference between subjectivity and objectivity, unlike many of my colleagues (this past week one of them looked me straight in the face and told me the media isn't biased, because "the truth isn't liberal" and everyone except Fox News reports the truth. WHAT????). I plan to tell my Government classes what an awful President we have, as many teachers did between 2000 and 2008. Isn't it the same? Besides, I have numbers on my side: currently, 52% of voters disapprove of the job Obama is doing (from 9/3 Rasmussen poll) and Obama's index rating is -11. That means a great deal more people strongly disapprove of him than strongly approve. Additionally, 42% of voters believe that people randomly selected from the phone book could do a better job than Congress. I have to say, I agree. Provided the phone book isn't a directory for a public school district.

Lastly, my husband and his friends were trying to come up with a name for their bowling team last night. They were trying out Big Lebowski references, as well as names related to King Pin and Eastbound and Down. When they began musing that they would probably only play the 1st half of the season, and they most likely wouldn't deliver on all the promises of grandeur they have been making, I suggested Obama and the Bail Outs. They liked it.

2 comments:

  1. My saying is- "Republicans Lie their way out of it...and Democrats Cry their way out of it"

    All politicians/government have sold-out America for the past 40 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for trying to make a difference. But you cannot affect change from the outside. Stick in there and fight. Tell the liberals that training the youth is a biblical principal. Prov. 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
    Maybe it will dissuade them better than pointing out it was a tactic used by the NAZIs. I once had a teacher who had told his class that Nixon put in prison after Watergate. His only response was "he should have." We need more teachers like you. Hang in there and fight the good fight.

    ReplyDelete